Buying Our Home

We first started this harrowing process of buying a home nestled in the Santa Cruz Mountains, over a year ago. Finally, with the wonderful help of our realtor and lender, we found success two days after Christmas. What a wonderful gift.  Although, if you had asked me, I wondered if we would ever close the deal. We had been so close to closing before, but it had been delayed over and over again, that I could not believe it until the keys were placed in my hand!




My husband was a champion at making all the hard decisions about sticking with it and not backing out, given all the disclosed problems that a house built in the forties would have. He is a gifted contractor and has the knowledge to make these tough decisions, because he knows what the work is going to be like to fix them.  Not to mention, the house was bank owned and had been sitting vacant without any regular maintenance for over a year.

On the other hand, it has strong "bones" and isn't huge, but is just big enough for us, our two children, dog and two kittens (I brought home on black Furday- no that's not a typo, that's what they call it at the local shelter).  I am so excited about all the beautiful mature fruit trees. I am going to learn how to can. These stories, and more, I am sure will come in future posts.  I am sure I will need your helpful suggestions and support in taking up these new crafts. I can't wait for the journey the house is going to take us on!

First on the agenda was deciding when to move our growing business and family over there. We decided on March 1st, so there will be lots of updates along the way.  I have been picking our flooring and tile, paint colors and getting bids on sheetrock. Our ceilings were torn down to fix some faulty wiring and put in new insulation. It can't wait to move in and work on it everyday!

This is just the beginning of a long and fruitful journey with this house we hope to make our Perry own home.
Perry Mama

Please like us on Facebook under PerryBuilt Construction! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Toddler and Preschool Co-op's where Families Blossom

Best Picture Hanging Tips I Have Found

New Years, Letting Go of the Past so you can Embrace the Future